Sadly, the Donnigans series is coming to a close with THE ONLY THING. Though all the books stand alone as their own stories, I do like to weave characters from other series in and out of various books. It’s like six degrees of separation with Kevin Bacon, but instead of the grand Footloose Master, you have the McCauleys!
The MCCAULEY BROTHERS books are the first I wrote for Sourcebooks, and they revolve around the McCauley brothers (go figure.) Their cousins, THE DONNIGANS, also live in Seattle. As do the mechanics who feature in BODY SHOP BAD BOYS, who work for Del McCauley at Webster’s garage.
But hey, THE ONLY THING is about J.T. Webster and Hope Donnigan. So let’s focus on these two. Some interesting facts about…
- First appeared in RUINING MR. PERFECT because she works for Cameron McCauley.
- Is the only girl in her family and among her McCauley cousins
- Has in the past babysat her nephew Colin McCauley (who appeared in all the McCauley books, staring with THE TROUBLEMAKER NEXT DOOR)
- First met J.T. at her cousin Mike’s Wedding in WHAT TO DO WITH A BAD BOY
- First appeared in (and I had to look this up because I was initially wrong about the timing) RUINING MR. PERFECT when he visited his sister at her garage while she was having a run-in with Mike McCauley
- Is good friends with the mechanics at his father and sister’s auto shop, Webster’s Garage, and appears in all the BODY SHOP BAD BOYS books
- Was inspired by my admiration for Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock. J.T. has his mother’s chestnut brown skin and good looks combined with his father’s strength and sense of humor
- Has been annoying Mike McCauley during Mike’s romance with J.T.’s sister (WHAT TO DO WITH A BAD BOY)
If you want a romance that’s big on love and family, full of flirting and sexy escapades, and has a hint of suspense under all that, read THE ONLY THING.
And for a chance to win the first in several of my series, enter the Rafflecopter Contest!
What do you do when a “fake” relationship is so much better than the real thing?
Hope Donnigan is finally getting her life together. She’s working a job she likes, has some amazing friends, and is steering clear of Mr. Wrong. Now if only she could get her mother to understand that. Maybe a hot tattoo artist from the other side town is just the ticket to teach her mom a lesson.
J.T. Webster fell for Hope months ago at his sister’s wedding. So when she propositions him to be her fake boyfriend to get her mother off her back, he’s all in. The only problem is J.T. had no idea their pretend relationship would be better than anything real he’s ever had…
Romance Contemporary [Sourcebooks Casablanca, On Sale: May 1, 2018, Mass Market Paperback / e-Book, ISBN: 9781492631910 / eISBN: 9781492631927]
About Marie Harte
Caffeine addict, boy referee, and romance aficionado, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Marie Harte has over 100 books published with more constantly on the way. She’s a confessed bibliophile and devotee of action movies. Whether hiking in Central Oregon, biking around town, or hanging at the local tea shop, she’s constantly plotting to give everyone a happily ever after. Visit http://marieharte.com and fall in love.