Forewarned is forearmed, especially when it comes to Major Jack Ballentyne, the hero in HARD TO FORGET. A man who’s motto is: The end justifies the means, and f*ck the collateral damage.
Yes, he’s somewhat lacking on the conscience front, but he has his reasons. He’s a Special Agent for a start. With the British Intelligence Service. Tasked with leading a particularly dangerous unit of men unofficially known as ‘The Assassins’. A motley crew of rule breakers whose activities are ‘plausibly deniable’ by necessity.
Back to forewarned…Jack’s not exactly communicative, he’s more a man of action, (vengeful action) so here are a few subjects best avoided should you chance to engage him in conversation.
1. Shooting Lowry. It’s an incident he’d rather forget.
2. Having Lowry court marshaled. Another incident he’d rather forget.
3. His twin, Richard. These two brothers took ‘sibling rivalry’ to the extreme, and the consequences were devastating.
4. Climbing or Base Jumping. Two activities guaranteed to raise the hairs on Jack’s neck fast. (see Caution 3 above)
5. Patient Peter. A serial killer so foul, even Jack’s cast-iron stomach churns.
6. Trust. Jack has a few issues having experienced the whip-lick sting of betrayal.
7. The Intelligence Service. (see Caution 6 above)
8. Lowry…actually she’s a fairly safe topic. You may even find it difficult to shut Jack up about his new wife. Just don’t ask about the past, how he met her, what he did to her, or, mention handcuffs.
He didn’t want her trust. What the hell would he do with it? Jack Ballentyne
Protective custody? What’s that a euphemism for, exactly? Lowry Fisk
And an endorsement:
“The Hard to… Series is an amazing book series with strong characters and a powerful story. It is truly a MUST-READ series and the author herself is MUST READ and MUST FOLLOW!!!”– Mia’s Point of View
And yes, there are buy links and contact points:
Connect with Incy Black