In TAMING THE COUNTRY STAR, Kylie Andrews is faced with coming to terms with country star Cole Grayson’s fame—particularly difficult because she grew up in the reflected glare of the spotlight on her famous rodeo father. But in the end, as Kylie realizes, there are a number of good reasons to tame a country star and make him your own! Here are just a few of those reasons:
1. Love songs. If you think listening to a love song on the radio is nice, just imagine knowing that it was written just for you!
2. Fancy hotels. Although he may spend a lot of his time on tour (and thus hanging out in a tour bus), he can also arrange to stay in some of the nicest hotels in the world—and if he’s yours, you can, too! Cole’s favorite hotel in Fort Worth (Kylie’s hometown) is The Worthington, a downtown landmark.
3. Funny disguises. If the country star you’re setting out to tame is anything like Cole, he’ll sometimes want to go out in public—and in order to do that, he might have to wear a disguise! If you have a great sense of humor, this can be hugely entertaining. (Also, it means that there’s probably not much you can do to embarrass him in public!)
4. Knowing that he’s beloved all over the world. It’s nice to know that he’s all yours—and also that there are other people, literally everywhere, who also recognize how wonderful he is!
5. If he’s really a country boy at heart, he’ll always want to come home to you. Because the best country stars are also real people, after all.
To comment on Margo Bond Collins’s blog please click here.