We’ve all been there, right? Some totally hot guy attracts our attention and we are left to figure out how to get him to notice us. Sometimes it can be tough to get the man of our dreams to see as us more than a friend or acquaintance or… horrors upon horrors, the buddy of the girl he really likes. So to help make sure that doesn’t happen, I’ve put together a list of the top ten ways to attract a guy’s attention. *Disclaimer: While if you follow these steps, your man-candy is just about guaranteed to notice you, there is no guarantee he might not end up a tad frightened and run for the hills and/or issue a restraining order. But hey, true love is worth the risk, right?
- Be mysterious. Nothing lures a guy in like wanting to know more. If he asks your name, make him guess, even if it takes a while. Think Rumpelstiltskin. His natural curiosity is bound to make him fall in love with you.
- Give him thoughtful presents. After all, who doesn’t like gifts? Homemade is always nice. One suggestion is a scrapbook you’ve made with you and your boo’s faces superimposed on photos of couples in super romantic locations. For extra incentive, maybe add a morphed photo of what your love child would look like. Something like this is bound to make him swoon.
- Call or text him. Like, a lot. I suggest no less than twenty times a day. You definitely want to make sure he knows you are both interested as well as invested.
- Be seen in the same places. This is critical! How is he going to ask you out if he can’t find you? Pull out those Nancy Drew sleuthing skills and put them to work. Find out his schedule and do your best to put yourself where he is. Does he have 5th period lunch? Get yours switched. If he works at the pizza place in town, drop in each night. Walk past his house often so he sees you in the neighborhood, while wearing something bound to snag his attention. There’s no law that says you can’t wear a party dress on a casual stroll.
- Replicate his behavior. You want him to see how much you have in common. If he runs his hand through his hair, do the same thing. If he rolls his eyes, roll yours back. If he then appears frightened, make your best “Are the zombies approaching?” horrified face. Let him know you understand and relate through mirroring his actions. It’s a sure fire bonding experience.
- Look like you need help. Guys love this. It’s best to do it as much as possible so he clearly sees that he can be the knight in shining armor to your damsel in distress. Walk by his desk and drop your books, once per class is good. Maybe sneak in the classroom early and shave an inch or so off your desk chair so when you sit down, it breaks and you fall. It will give him the chance to get out his tool belt and show off his manly side as he fixes it for you (after he gallantly helps you to your feet of course.)
- Interact with him on social media. Thankfully, we now live in the age where we can stay in touch no matter how hard to get the object of our affection plays. Connect with your crush—Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Tumblr, Instagram…whatever! After all, he wouldn’t be on them if he didn’t want you to find him, am I right? Be sure to leave comments on each of his posts or photos, like all of his tweets, and so on. Guys can be a little slow to see what is right in front of them sometimes, so here is your chance to let him know how cute and funny you think he is. Plus, it has the added bonus of allowing everyone else that he interacts with see you are committed to the cause.
- Be fun! Guys love a girl who likes to laugh. Practical jokes are always an appreciated treat. Maybe put some super glue on his car steering wheel…this gives the added bonus of providing you a captive audience while you tell him some jokes.
- Flirt. It seems so obvious, but many girls often miss this simple rule. But you need to make sure he doesn’t mistake your interest for casual interaction. Because of this, do your best moves when he least expects them. Maybe slip down to the football field during his practice and offer him a soothing backrub, or sit next to him at lunch and cut his food to feed him in that romantic style we see in movies. This also gets you close and gives him the opportunity to ask you your name. (See tip number 10.)
And the number one way to attract a guy’s attention
- Once he knows who you are, play hard to get. When he asks the police to give you that piece of paper, run! It’s even better if you first dress like a ninja, since this adds to your spice of mystery.
Follow these steps, and the object of your affection is bound to sit up and take notice!
About Jodie Andrefski
Jodie’s been passionate about reading ever since she was a little girl, when she used to climb trees to escape with a favorite book.
She now lives and writes in a small town in Pennsylvania with her teenage daughter. Though still an avid reader, she now prefers a comfy chair over the crook of a tree. An unapologetic coffee fiend, she’s even happier if her java comes with pie.
Jodie often draws on her background in education and mental health counseling to bring real world experience to her writing.
She is a firm believer in the magic of a first kiss, and insists that you should never, ever give up on your dreams.
About THE GIRLFRIEND REQUEST
Updating best friend to girlfriend is more than a change of status…
Emma has been best friends with Eli since she moved to his neighborhood ten years ago. Tired of being cast in the role of the girl next door, Emma creates a fake Facebook profile in the hopes of starting an online friendship with Eli, which would hopefully lead to more. Like…way more. From friend request to In a Relationship–it all seemed so completely logical when she’d planned it.
Eli can’t figure out what Emma is up to. He’s pretty sure she’s the one behind the Facebook profile, but then again, why would she do something so drastic instead of just admitting she wants to be more than friends? And who the heck is this new guy he saw her with? Eli starts to think that just maybe…he missed his chance with the girl next door.
Two best friends, one outlandish ruse. Their status is about to become way more than It’s Complicated…
This Entangled Teen Crush book contains one fake Facebook profile, two best friends who secretly crave each other, and a dreaded sex talk with parents…boy crush in the room included. Pushing a relationship beyond the friend zone has never been so crazy…