Summer is a great time to catch up on your reading.
Relax on the patio with a cool drink and a book and let your problems drift away. Maybe you’re doing your reading at the beach or at a secluded cabin in the woods. The days are longer and most of us will take some time away from the job to recharge. And even if you decide to stay at home, a good book is the ideal way to unwind and enjoy a few summer hours.
It’s also the perfect time to dig into a series. Read the first book and get hooked, and you have time to devour the rest of them.
There are so many wonderful series out there to enjoy, but here are a few suggestions to get you started.
These are my FIVE picks. All are great romantic suspense series that will leave your heart pumping and you needing a fan to cool down.
- The KGI series by Maya Banks. The KGI (Kelly Group International) series is centered around the six Kelly brothers, all of who served in different branches of the military. They now have their own elite, top secret business. This is romantic suspense at its best!
- Black Knight Inc series by Julie Ann Walker. The Black Knights not only turn out the best tricked-out motorcycles in their Chicago shop, they’re also an elite special ops team assigned jobs too hot for anyone else to handle. This series will get your motor revved.
- Susan Stoker. I didn’t list a series because she has so many of them—SEAL of Protection, SEAL of Protection: Legacy, Mountain Mercenaries, Delta Force Heroes, and more. You get the idea. She writes stories about badass military heroes, both active and retired, and the strong women who love them. If you love action, suspense, and hot sex, then give any of her books a try.
- Rocky Mountain Search and Rescue series by Katie Ruggle. I absolutely love this series. Each book stands alone but there is an underlying murder mystery that carries through the series. George Holloway, the hero of book 3 Gone Too Deep, is one of my all-time favorite heroes. The man barely speaks but manages to say so much. Unique storylines, action, pulse-pounding adventure, and plenty of heat. If you enjoy this series, be sure to check out her Rocky Mountain K9 Unit series.
- Federal K-9 Series by Tee O’Fallon. If you’re short on time but want to start a series, then you may want to begin here as only the first two books have been released. These law enforcement men and their canine partners risk their lives to save others. Danger, action, and lots of romance to keep you turning the pages.
Drakon Jericho Drake, the child of a pure-blood dragon and human, has a simple plan: Kill the leader of the Knights of the Dragon and start a war. Except, when he meets his target, Karina Azarov, she can’t remember who she is. Worst of all––he can’t kill her. His dragon side has just claimed the dangerous woman as his mate.
Karina has no idea why these Drakon’s have taken her to their home. And she most certainly does not understand why she’s so drawn to her captor. Maybe because he’s strong, intelligent, and caring, in his enigmatic sort of way. One thing she knows, he’s not going to hurt her. If only she could remember something from her past that would explain why these Drakon’s hate her so much.
Purchase: Kindle | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Apple Books | Google Play
N.J. Walters is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who has always been a voracious reader, and now she spends her days writing novels of her own. Vampires, werewolves, dragons, time-travelers, seductive handymen, and next-door neighbors with smoldering good looks—all vie for her attention. It’s a tough life, but someone’s got to live it.Series: Salvation Pack | Blood of the Drakon | Dalakis Passion | Tapestries