I’m an Anglophile. I adore all things British. So having a British hero felt natural. Plopping him in the middle of Las Vegas felt inspired.
HIS TO KEEP is the third book in the Beauty and the Brit series. Iain Chapman is a far cry from my other heroes. Hailing from Manchester, Iain comes from a gritty, working class background, and it shows. So why would a Manc choose to settle in Vegas? Well, Iain has his reasons for living in Sin City, but I’ll give you my top five list of why I love Vegas.
- I’m not much of a gambler, but when I’m out on the casino floor, the energy and noise are infectious. I love to watch the tables. I’m too cheap to play myself—I’m more of a slot person, but observing the blackjack tables, soaking up the atmosphere, is one of my favorite ways to kill a couple of hours. It may be 3 a.m. or 3 p.m. There are no clocks, no windows—the casino is its own world.
- The Strip. Watching the craziness on The Strip is awesome. It’s a different show every night. Street performers, card slappers, and superheroes mingle with the drunks. With the flashing neon signs and moving billboards and cops on horses patrolling the area—I can’t get enough.
- Novelty drinks. Where else can you get a plastic guitar filled with booze? Enough said.
- The landscape. To my hubs, mountains need to be snow-capped and surrounded by pine trees. But pine trees make me sneeze. Give me brown, hazy mountains and the Mojave any day.
- Freemont Street. Neon bombards you from all sides. Even the ceiling. It’s a nod to old Vegas with the resurrection of The Golden Nugget and Binions. Is a total tourist trap? Oh, yes. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
So, what’s your favorite thing about Vegas?
About Terri L. Austin
Award nominated author, Terri L. Austin, spends her time dreaming up fierce heroes and snarky heroines. At night, she watches too much reality TV, then blogs about it the next day. She met her own Prince Charming in the middle of a bridal shop, and they’ve been together ever since. Catch up with her on Twitter, Facebook, AllAboutTheTea.com or at TerriLAustin.com. She loves to hear from readers.
About HIS TO KEEP
Iain wasn’t just rough around the edges-he was uncivilized, despite all the elegant trappings and expensive suits. And Brynn wanted more of it. She wanted Iain in full-on barbarian mode.
She wanted to be taken.
Filthy rich British bad boy Iain Chapman made a name for himself as a ruthless businessman, but if he can secure an investment from Vegas powerhouse Trevor Blake, Iain could take his business to the next level. Solution? Hire beautifully timid corporate trainer-and Trevor’s sister-in-law-Brynn Campbell and seduce his way to success.
Brynn’s everything Iain is not: kind, delicate, decent. But she’s also got a taste for something a little beastly, and it doesn’t take long for Iain to break through her every inhibition. Brynn was supposed to be his pawn, but as Iain gets closer to his goal, he begins to realize he’s not ready to let her go, not now, not ever-even if it costs him everything.