The new television season is upon us, and we’d thought it’s be fun to ask Cole Keller from Branded what new network shows he might be watching in between all that hard work he’s doing on the ranch. Not that he has that much free time any more. Not with heiress Callie Lewellyn all up in his business. But even a hard-working man like Cole needs a break now and then. He loves to read, but he also doesn’t mind kicking back with a beer or two and watching his favorite shows.
Here are Cole’s top five new shows he’ll be watching:
- The Exorcist (Fox): My girl Callie likes a good scary movie, but she almost always ends up in my lap. That happening once a week is just fine by me. And that trailer for the show is creepy as hell.
- Pitch (Fox): Baseball. Enough said. And a female pitcher who gives as good as she gets, good for her. I think it would have been better if they picked my team, The Texas Rangers, instead of the Padres for her to play on. But I’ll give this a go.
- Notorious (ABC): I’ve had a thing for Piper Perabo ever since that old movie Coyote Ugly. Whatever you do, don’t tell Callie. She’s liable to rip off my nuts. Did you see Piper in that spy show? She could kick some butt. She’s all suited up in this one and looks damn good. Again, you tell Callie I said that, and your nose won’t look so pretty when I’m done with you.
- 24: Legacy (Fox): Corey Hawkins was in The Walking Dead and stars in this. That dude is awesome and kicks butt. And it’s 24, man. Love that show. And Corey says in the trailer “I’m the only one I can trust.” I respect that.
- Designated Survivor: Kiefer Sutherland, who was in the old 24, stars in this. He has to be the president even though he doesn’t want to. He’s playing a guy who’s doing to do the right thing, even though the choices he makes aren’t easy one. That one is definitely going on the DVR.
He’s her dirty little secret.
I have my hands full taking care of my little sister and covering for my uncle as ranch foreman. The last thing I need is a Texas princess like Cassie Llewellyn getting up in my business and messing with my head.
All I can think of is getting up close and personal with those curves of hers. And being on the edge of discovery makes our quick-and-dirty encounters twice as hot. And that’s all they are—quick and dirty—there’s nothing deeper going on here.
There’s only one rule to keeping my job and a roof over my sister’s head: stay away from the boss’s granddaughter. But I’m not always great at following the rules.
About Candace Havens
Bestselling author Candace Havens has published more than 25 books. Her novels have received nominations for the RITA’s, Holt Medallion, Write Touch Reader Awards and National Readers Choice Awards. She is a Barbara Wilson Award winner. She is the author of the biography “Joss Whedon: The Genius Behind Buffy” and a contributor to several anthologies. She is also one of the nation’s leading entertainment journalists and has interviewed countless celebrities from George Clooney to Chris Pratt. Her entertainment columns are syndicated by FYI Television, Inc. Candace also runs a free online writing workshop for more than 2000 writers, and teaches comprehensive writing classes. She does film reviews with Hawkeye in the Morning on 96.3 KSCS, and is a former President of the Television Critics Association.