Kensey Deaton, the heroine of my newest book, THE BIG BAD WOLF, is a bit of a rule breaker. She’s strong, opinionated, and refuses to be stuffed into an archaic mold created by the werewolf patriarchy. There are a million reasons that I’m Team Kensey. Here are the top five.
- Fashion sense. Kensey is a flannel, T-shirt, and jeans kind of girl. Comfort above the painful style that most pack daughters embrace. She has a passion for quirky T-shirt sayings that make me jealous of her wardrobe. Case in point one that says, “If ya can’t beat em, join em—then beat em.“
- She knows who she is—and embraces it. Kensey is the kind of girl who knows herself. She knows what she wants and won’t stop till she gets it. She’s never fit in with the other pack daughters and that’s fine with her. While they keep the most primal parts of their wolves chained and buried away, Kensey is shameless and free, enjoying who—and what—she is.
- She’s not a pushover. When pushed, Kensey Deaton pushes back. So many people in her life think they know what’s good for her. Where she should go, what she should eat—who she should date. She’s not having any of it. If snapped at, this wolf bites back.
- She’s resourceful. When in a pinch, Kensey is someone you want in your corner. From devious sneaky, to clever and sharp, she’s got you covered. Everything from perfectly cornering the big bad wolf next door, to devising a plan to tear down an archaic social system.
- She’s a werewolf. Who better to have your back but the down to earth girl who just happens to possess the ability to turn into a badass wolf? Plus, as Kensey would say, she’s the most adorable floof to ever live 😉
Kensey Deaton comes from an elite werewolf lineage, but just because her family is royalty, doesn’t mean she’ll fall in line like some perfect little princess. She has plans and they don’t include an arranged marriage!
Slade McAlister has his own family drama. His Alpha father happens to be the most reviled wolf on the eastern seaboard, and it’s a stigma he can’t escape. So when his neighbor Kensey–the girl of his dreams and his nightmares–proposes a solution to solve *both* of their problems, he sees an opportunity he can’t ignore.
Kensey and Slade aren’t only from opposite sides of the tracks, they’re from opposite sides of the war. But if they can sell their ‘relationship’, they might just make it out of this with their freedom.
You know, as long as all that fake PDA doesn’t turn into more…
Young Adult Paranormal [Entangled Crave, On Sale: March 5, 2018, e-Book, ISBN: 9781640635111 / eISBN: 9781640635111]
About Jus Accardo
JUS ACCARDO spent her childhood reading and learning to cook. Determined to follow in her grandfather’s footsteps as a chef, she applied and was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America. At the last minute, she realized her path lay with fiction, not food, and passed on the spot to pursue writing.
Jus is the bestselling author the popular Denazen series from Entangled publishing, and the upcoming Darker Agency series. A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald.