Mari Carr is the author of over 80 erotic, contemporary and romantic suspense stories. Her latest release with co-author, Jayne Rylon, INTO THE FIRE, released today!
Mari Carr’s Top Five Favorite Movies
- Star Wars series. Not all of them because I’m sorry—Episodes 1-3 suck, but anything from the original franchise (yes, I saw all of them IN the theater) and the newest ones—episode 7 and Rogue One.
- Hidden Figures. It’s new to my faves list, but damn, man, that movie is powerful and beautiful and wonderful.
- You’ve Got Mail. Spent Thanksgiving weekend doing a “T. Hanks Giving” marathon and while I realize there’s always a lot of hype around Sleepless in Seattle, You’ve Got Mail is WAY better. I mean…Tom and Meg actually TALK prior to the last five minutes of the movie in this one!
- Harry Potter series. All of them. Know every single line. Honest! Also—I never watch one without a wand in my hand.
- Overboard. Greatest movie ever! Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, a yacht and mini-golf. Hollywood magic.
Compass Boys #2
James Compton is a man of two worlds. For half the year, he’s Seth’s oldest boy, working with his family and the horses on Compass Ranch. The other half, he’s Jamie, a daring smokejumper on the West Yellowstone Squad. Those two halves make him feel whole, happy, satisfied. Until he meets his boss’s daughter, Ivy…
Ivy Wagner’s life should be complete. College degree in hand, she’s excited to embark on her career as a large-animal vet. Add in the attention of one very sexy James Compton, and her future should be all sunshine and steamy shared showers. However, a shattering loss in her past ensures Ivy will never date a smokejumper…no matter how perfect for her James may be.
As the couple grows closer, it’s clear they’re headed for a day of reckoning. Ivy can’t lose someone she loves to a raging wildfire, and James may be incapable of giving up a vital part of himself, of living half a life.
When James faces his own loss, the pair are forced to confront their individual demons. What will they willingly let go of…and what will they choose to fight for?
About Mari Carr
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list and on her thirty-fourth birthday, she set out to see that goal achieved. Too many years later, her computer is jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends and she has nearly eighty published works.
Virginia native, Mari Carr is a New York Times and USA TODAY bestseller of contemporary erotic romance novels. With over one million copies of her books sold, Mari was the winner of the Romance Writers of America’s Passionate Plume award for her novella, Erotic Research.