So HOLIDAY SPICE is – obviously – a holiday romance and I am so excited that it’s finally here!! I love the holidays – the traditions, the decorations, but mostly I LOVE the movies!! So to celebrate the release of Darcy Shaughnessy’s story, here are my Top Five Favorite Holiday Movies. Just know this…I have VERY eclectic taste in movies and wanted to give you a good variety. Enjoy!!
- Scrooged – I absolutely ADORE this movie. This is a tradition in our house and I swear we quote it year-round. With Bill Murray in the lead, this comedic take on a Christmas Carol is absolutely hysterical!
- A Charlie Brown Christmas – This is a classic and we watch it as a family, every single year. I’ve probably watched it every year of my life because I am a HUGE Peanuts fan and every year, whenever there was a Peanuts special on, my grandfather would call and remind me. It’s just a great memory.
- The Holiday – I love writing holiday romances and I love watching them too. And there is just something very real about this movie that’s not over-the-top or cheesy, but just makes you feel good!
- Babes in Toyland/March of the Wooden Soldiers – Now I have to admit, I haven’t seen this one in YEARS but growing up, it was a favorite! Laurel and Hardy, total comedy but to me this will always be a holiday classic!
- And of course, It’s a Wonderful Life – I saw this for the first time when I was 18 years old. Eighteen!! Now, we watch it every year and it’s such a wonderful story that really captures everything about the holiday season.
So I hope you all enjoy HOLIDAY SPICE!! Happy Reading and Happy Movie Viewing!!
Darcy Shaughnessy has gotten used to her overbearing brothers chasing away any man she wants to date. But a chance meeting with a brooding — and deliciously handsome — artist is about to make this holiday season one to remember.
There’s only one thing Benjamin Tanner loves more than his woodcarving: solitude. Then he gets snowed in with Darcy in his cozy cabin in the woods, and their heated feelings begin to melt the icy barrier between them.
With Ben’s need for privacy and Darcy’s love of family and social life, will opposites still attract once the snow clears and the holiday festivities come to an end?
Romance Contemporary [Sourcebooks Casablanca, On Sale: October 3, 2017, Mass Market Paperback / e-Book, ISBN: 9781492616375 / eISBN: 9781492616382]
About Samantha Chase
New York Times and USA Today Bestseller/contemporary romance writer Samantha Chase released her debut novel, Jordan’s Return, in November 2011. Although she waited until she was in her 40’s to publish for the first time, writing has been a lifelong passion. Her motivation to take that step was her students: teaching creative writing to elementary age students all the way up through high school and encouraging those students to follow their writing dreams gave Samantha the confidence to take that step as well.
When she’s not working on a new story, she spends her time reading contemporary romances, playing way too many games of Scrabble or Solitaire on Facebook and spending time with her husband of 25 years and their two sons in North Carolina.